The Southwest Mexico Family of Churches
In just a few weeks, the members of the Orange County Church will be collecting the annual Special Missions Contribution. As part of this effort, $275,000 will be allocated to support our sister churches in Mexico and Central America. Today we want to share great news from one of the ministry groups that benefit from our financial and spiritual support: the Southwestern Mexico family of churches.
The Southwestern Mexico family of churches includes eight regions of the Mexico City Church plus nine other churches in the country. The congregational groups range in membership from 18 (Acapulco) to 315 (Narvarte), for a total membership of almost 2100 disciples. Some of the churches are led by full-time ministers and some are led by volunteer ministry leaders. Mario and Angelica Espinosa oversee the whole group.
The group slogan is: “A Great Family Seeking to Serve a Loving Father”
- As of April of 2013, over 60 people have been baptized this year.
- A new HOPE worldwide medical clinic was inaugurated in Mexico City.
- The campus ministry at the National University of Mexico was launched with an evangelistic conference that brought over 100 visitors.
- Virtual devotionals are held every month by webconferencing to encourage and help the leaders of the various ministry groups, most of whom are not financially able to travel.
- The Singles ministry in Mexico City organized a retreat near the Teotihuacan pyramids: over 250 single disciples attended.
Challenges and Dreams:
- Planning to have our first summer camp for teens and pre-teens of the Mexico City Church.
- Hosting the 12th National Conference for Single Disciples.
- Praying for a location and finances to host a Conference for all the churches in Mexico in October. It has been five years since the whole Mexico City Church (3,800 members) has been able to have a full congregational meeting.
- Praying for explosive growth in our campus ministries.
- Praying to be able to identify and train future elders.
- For contact information, please visit our MCA Missions website, MCA Missions.
Brothers and sisters, let’s remember that our missions contribution helps these churches evangelize their respective cities. Let’s continue to pray for the disciples in Mexico!